lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ismail Siddiqui" <ism...@gmail.com>
Subject Filtering results on a Field
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:53:11 GMT
Hey guys,
I want to filter a result set on a particular field..I have code like this

try
        {
            PhraseQuery textQuery = new PhraseQuery();
            PhraseQuery titleQuery = new PhraseQuery();
            PhraseQuery catQuery = new PhraseQuery();
            textQuery.setSlop( 20 );
            titleQuery.setSlop( 4 );

            for( int k = 0; k < phrase.length; k++ )
            {
                textQuery.add( new Term( NAME, phrase[k] ) );
                titleQuery.add( new Term( REVIEW, phrase[k] ) );

            }
            bQuery.add( textQuery, BooleanClause.Occur.SHOULD );
            bQuery.add( titleQuery, BooleanClause.Occur.SHOULD );

            if(category!=null && !category.equals("")){
             catQuery.add( new Term( TYPE, category ) );
             bQuery.add(catQuery,BooleanClause.Occur.MUST);

            }

        }
        catch( Exception e )
        {
            throw new RuntimeException( "Unable to make any sense of the
query.", e );
        }

Now the problem is its getting all results for a particular category
regardless the "phrase" is  in the title or text field which make sense as
the other two have SHOULD clause. the problem is I can not set a MUST clause
on the other two field as I need to match either one of the field. so what i
want to is either title or text MUST have it and if category is not null it
MUST have the category string passed. any ideas