lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Filtering results on a Field
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 17:16:59 GMT
When you have a category, add the pair of clauses as a sub-Boolean query.

Something like...

try
       {
           PhraseQuery textQuery = new PhraseQuery();
           PhraseQuery titleQuery = new PhraseQuery();
           PhraseQuery catQuery = new PhraseQuery();
           textQuery.setSlop( 20 );
           titleQuery.setSlop( 4 );

bQueryPair = new BooleanQuery();
bQueryAll = new BooleanQuery();

           for( int k = 0; k < phrase.length; k++ )
           {
               textQuery.add( new Term( NAME, phrase[k] ) );
               titleQuery.add( new Term( REVIEW, phrase[k] ) );

           }
           bQueryPair.add( textQuery, BooleanClause.Occur.SHOULD );
           bQueryPair.add( titleQuery, BooleanClause.Occur.SHOULD );

           if(category!=null && !category.equals("")){
            catQuery.add( new Term( TYPE, category ) );
            bQueryAll.add(catQuery,BooleanClause.Occur.MUST);
           bQueryAll.add(bQueryPair, BooleanCluase.Occur.MUST)

           } else {
              bQueryAll = bQueryPair;
           }

       }
       catch( Exception e )
       {
           throw new RuntimeException( "Unable to make any sense of the
query.", e );
       }

and use bQueryAll in your query.

And please be waaaay more elegant than the code I wrote <G>.

Erick