lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From markharw00d <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: More Precise Highlighting
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 23:24:22 GMT
Not sure I fully understand the problem. The query is effectively
"allContent:someTitleText" and you want to highlight the string
"someTitleText" in the title field?
If you pass null as a fieldname to the QueryTermExtractor it will use
all term values, regardless of field, as string to highlight.
If you pass a fieldname it will only select highlight term values for
that field.
If you want, you can use QueryTermExtractor to extract just the
"allContent" field values and pass a TokenStream for the "title" field
to the highlighter and it would highlight the appropriate values in the
title.

Do any of these options work?