lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From karl wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Please Help me
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:01:10 GMT

13 feb 2007 kl. 12.41 skrev Saroja Kanta Maharana:

> "When i searched for "AND", "OR", "NOT" as query, it gives me the
> following
> Exception"
>
> Exception in thread "main"
> org.apache.lucene.queryParser.ParseException:
> Encountered "<EOF>" at line 1, column 3.

You tried to parse the string "OR" as a query. AND, OR and NOT are
treated as boolean operators by the query parser, and a query that
match the operator is expected.

<http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/queryparsersyntax.html>:

Boolean operators allow terms to be combined through logic operators.
Lucene supports AND, "+", OR, NOT and "-" as Boolean operators(Note:
Boolean operators must be ALL CAPS).

If your index is case sensitive, what if you type "OR" (with quotes)
instead?
If you index is not case sensitve, use "or" (without quotes) instead.

--
karl