lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From jm <jmugur...@gmail.com>
Subject possible to disable internal caching?
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:12:28 GMT
Hi,

That last thread about caching reminded me of something. Me need is
actually the opposite...

I use lucene to search in hundreds/thousands of indexes. Doing a
lucene query on a set of the indexes is only one of the steps involved
in my 'queries', and some of the other steps take longer than lucene.
Also, my queries are offline, so I can live with the query lasting 20
seconds or 10 minutes.

So my question, is it possible to disable some of the caching lucene
does so the memory consumption will be smaller (I am a bit concerned
on the memory usage side)? Or the memory savings would not pay off?

thanks,
javi