lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From mark harwood <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: More Precise Highlighting
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 10:02:50 GMT
I think the solution is fairly simple.
Pass the "metadata" fieldname to the QueryTermExtractor - not the fieldname "author". QueryTermExtractor
effectively provides just a list of strings (no fieldnames) which are then matched against
strings found in the tokenStream which represents your content.
Because your query did not contain any "author:apple" clauses QueryTermExtractor produced
no strings for highlighting when you asked for the field.

Cheers
Mark