lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jerome Chauvin" <Jerome.Chau...@businessinteractif.fr>
Subject Lucene 2.1: java.io.IOException: Lock obtain timed out: SimpleFSLock@<path of index file>
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 08:23:04 GMT

All,

We encounter issues while updating the lucene index, here is the stack trace:

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Lock obtain timed out:
SimpleFSLock@/data/www/orcanta/lucene/store1/write.lock
 at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock.obtain(Lock.java:69)
 at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.aquireWriteLock(IndexReader.java:526)
 at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.deleteDocument(IndexReader.java:551)
 at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.deleteDocuments(IndexReader.java:578)
 at
com.bi.commerce.service.catalog.spring.lucene.LuceneIndex.deleteFromIndex(Luc
eneIndex.java:692)
 ... 25 more

Here is the source code of the lucene API invocation where the error occurs:

class com.bi.commerce.service.catalog.spring.lucene.LuceneIndex:

    public synchronized void deleteFromIndex(ICatalogEntity entity) {
        if(!indexExists()) return;
        try {
            IndexReader reader = IndexReader.open(store);
            String uid = getUID(entity);
            try{
line 692=>      reader.deleteDocuments(new Term("uid",uid));
            }catch(ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException e){
                //CHECK ignore this. Can happen if index has not been built
yet (??)
            }
            reader.close();
        } catch (IOException e) {
            throw new SearchEngineException(e);
        }catch(RuntimeException e){
            throw new SearchEngineException(e);
        }
    }

Do I something wrong? If somebody already encountered this error, or knows a
fix, I'm really interested!

Thanks in advance,

BRegards.

-Jerome Chauvin-