lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Toke Eskildsen ...@statsbiblioteket.dk>
Subject Re: Multiple searchers (Was: CachingWrapperFilter: why cache per IndexReader?)
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 08:41:52 GMT
On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 11:40 -0800, Michael Busch wrote:
> what kind of queries are you using for your tests? (num query terms,
> booleans clauses, phrases, wildcards?)

No numbers (at least not parsed as numbers), no ranges, some wildcards,
some phrases. The only non-trivial part of the queries is that we use
group expansion so that searches for title:something gets expanded to
(title_type1:something or title_type2:something ...).

The query-parsing takes about 20-40 seconds in total for 470.000
queries. The average number of hits/search is around 5000 with the
classic long tail of a few searches giving millions of hits and a lot of
searches giving hundreds of hits.

Some of the queries are listed below. The majority of queries are simple
with two or three words. Without any qualifiers, the query parser
expands the entered strings to a search in 7 fields.

kreditaftale*
børns relationer  lma_long:"bog" su_dk:"undersøgelser"
detecting information content of corparate announcements using vaiance
increases
Three sisters
author_normalised:"Kittelsen, Theodor"
Cherry garden
kultur fortællinger
Salinger lma_long:"bog" llang:"eng"
hornsleth kristian
templars
templars
borgerskabet
Civillproces
uddannelse
børn død su_dk:"sorg" su_dk:"dødsfald" su_dk:"erindringer"
turen går til
biblioteker integration
plutarch fjender
Danske præster og biskopper om kirkelige vielser af homoseksuelle
pendul* author_normalised:"poe edgar allan"
(china economy ) lma_long:"ebog"
(foucault NOT pendul) lma_long:"tryktbog"