lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Briggs <acidbri...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom Tokenization of a Single Field
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 14:54:42 GMT
I have an index that contains a couple special fields that I need to
tokenize differently than the rest.   The case is that I basically
have a key/value pair stored as the value.  The field name is
"attribute" and it's value is "SomeValue=1.9"

I need to tokenize the value so that I can search on the field with
just "SomeValue" (i.e. attribute:SomeValue).   Is it possible to do
this?  I basically want to tokenize by "=".   The idea that someone
could search using "attribute:1.9" doesn't matter to me.

Currently, I am using Compass to do my indexing, but I might have to
rip it out if this functionality is only available in Lucene proper.

Hope this is enough info.

Thanks,

Briggs
--
"Conscious decisions by conscious minds are what make reality real"