lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Tobias Lohr" <TobiasL...@gmx.de>
Subject Integrating dynamic data into Lucene search/ranking
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:33:56 GMT
I have a more architectural question, which is maybe sort of off topic, but as I want to implement
it using Java  and Lucene, it's the right forum however:

I'm thinking of an approach to design a system that integrates dynamic information into a
search (and a ranking) functionality using Lucene. With dynamic data I mean, data which changes
very often within the typical index rebuild cycle, i.e. transactional data.

A good example is the sorting of products in an online store by product availability.

Does anybody know good reading resources (approaches, whitepapers, books etc.) for integrating
such dynamic information into a search/ranking functionality?

(I already searched at Google, but couldn't find anything useful though.)

Thanks in advance!
Der kann`s mit allen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger?did=10