lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Béjean <dominique.bej...@eolya.fr>
Subject RE: [SOLVED] issue sorting results by string field
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 17:05:03 GMT
Yes, it works much better if you help Lucene to find the sort field type
with
new Sort(new SortField("pubdate", SortField.STRING, true))

Thank you

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Otis Gospodnetic [mailto:otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com]
Envoyé : mardi 15 janvier 2008 17:19
À : java-user@lucene.apache.org
Objet : Re: issue sorting results by string field

Dominique,
I don't have the javadoc/source in front of me, but souldn't that be new
Sort(new SortField(.....)) ?  I'm not sure if the underlying sort
implementation is smart enough to avoid re-doing the same work when you call
these constructors for *every* every search.  If it's not smart enough,
initialize them on domand and keep the Sort object around for reuse.

Otis