lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Highlighting + phrase queries
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 21:42:59 GMT
It works exactly the same as the standard contrib Highlighter except
that it tries not to highlight spurious results for a positional query.
This is exact with Span queries, but more approximate for phrase
queries. The approximation is pretty darn good, but let me know if you
find a case that doesn't work. The Highlighter attempts to mimic the
PhraseQeury with a SpanQuery.