lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Aron Sogor <a...@theatlantis.net>
Subject Sort does not work for me
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 00:07:12 GMT
Here is the document:

            MimeMessage mime = new MimeMessage(null, new
FileInputStream(item
                    .getMailFile()));
            document.add(new Field(FIELD_MAILID,
item.getMailId().toString(),
                    Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.UN_TOKENIZED));
            document.add(new Field(FIELD_SUBJECT, mime.getSubject(),
                    Field.Store.COMPRESS, Field.Index.TOKENIZED));
            document.add(new Field(FIELD_FROM,
getAddressLine(mime.getFrom()),
                    Field.Store.COMPRESS, Field.Index.TOKENIZED));
            document.add(new Field(FIELD_BODY, getContentReader(mime
                    .getContent())));
            document.add(new Field(FIELD_RECEIVED, DateTools.timeToString(
                    System.currentTimeMillis(),
DateTools.Resolution.SECOND),
                    Field.Store.NO, Field.Index.UN_TOKENIZED));
            document.add(new Field(FIELD_TAG, TAG_INBOX, Field.Store.YES,
                    Field.Index.TOKENIZED));
            return document;

here is the search:

    public static Hits createInboxQuery(IndexSearcher searcher)
            throws ParseException, IOException {
        Query query = new QueryParser(FIELD_TAG, new StandardAnalyzer())
                .parse(TAG_INBOX);
        Sort sort = new Sort(FIELD_RECEIVED,true);
        return searcher.search(query, sort);
    }

            IndexSearcher searcher =
storage.getIndexSearcherForMailBox("junk");
            Hits hits = DocumentAndQueryFactory.createInboxQuery(searcher);
            for (int i = 0; i < hits.length(); i++) {
                Document hit = (Document) hits.doc(i);
                System.out.println(hit.getField("subject").stringValue());

No matter what I do when I lit the hits they come back (these are the
subjects/ but essentially same timestamp):

Test MSGSun Jan 13 15:52:47 PST 2008
Test MSGSun Jan 13 15:52:54 PST 2008
Test MSGSun Jan 13 15:53:03 PST 2008
Test MSGSun Jan 13 15:53:12 PST 2008
Test MSGSun Jan 13 15:53:48 PST 2008

Setting the "revert" for the search Sort essentially has no effect. I
perhaps very much missing something... but what?

Aron