lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ted Chen <nehc...@yahoo.com>
Subject modify search result scores
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 23:48:35 GMT
Hi,
    I'd like to make sure that my search engine can take into account of some non-content
based factors.  For example, I'd like to give more score to popular docs based on # of views
each document had.  Another example would be to return results with search history (e.g. if
we found that most ppl searched the term "school", clicked result document A, we want to boost
A up when the term school appears in query) factored in.
   Can someone recommend a good way of doing this?

Thanks,
Ted

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs