lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Wikia search goes live today
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 22:14:55 GMT
See my comment (around #45-50) on Techcrunch about that from late last night.  There is actually
one Wikia guy helping Nutch - Dennis Kubes.  He must have been hitting reload on that TC post,
because he IMed me quickly after I posted my comment and clarified that he is that Wikia developer
I was referring to in my comment.... so I'm looking forward to more contributions from Dennis
and his coworkers! :)

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Monday, January 7, 2008 11:21:33 AM
Subject: Re: Wikia search goes live today

One other thing to note, you can definitely see Lucene in action (or
Nutch, that is) by clicking on the score returned for a given document

(try searching for Lucene) and you see, in all it's glory, the Lucene
explain results...  It even displays the Nutch logo, which makes me
wonder if they are misusing an ASF trademark (but, IANAL, so I don't
know) since they don't state that Nutch is a trademark of the ASF.
But, that is a discussion for somewhere else...