lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mike Klaas <mike.kl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wikia search goes live today
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 19:59:30 GMT
On 7-Jan-08, at 11:49 PM, Lukas Vlcek wrote:

> This would be great!
>
> I am particularly interested how they are going about customized
> search (if
> they have a plan to do it). I mean if they can reorder raw search
> results
> based on some kind of collective knowledge (which is probably kept
> outside
> of Lucene index - at least that is what I can see from Nutch score
> explanations).

I don't think that there is anything like that yet.  It looks to me
like a standard disjunction over title/content/host/url + a global
document boost based on pagerank-y link analysis (or simply #
inlinks).  If they are incorporating the "star" ratings yet, it is
probably folded in to the global doc boost.

-Mike