lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Cedric Ho" <cedric...@gmail.com>
Subject Distributed Lucene Directory
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 08:42:49 GMT
Hi all,

I am wondering if there exist any implemenation of
org.apache.lucene.store.Directory which can be distributed across
multiple machines with comparable performance to a local FSDirectory
index, or is such an idea feasible in the first place.

By comparable performance I mean a 100G index distributed in 10
machines should achieve the same performance as a 10G index on a local
FSDirectory.

I know that optimization would be a problem for such a big index, but
would the partial optimization introduced in Lucene 2.3 help?

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Cedric Ho