lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rakesh Shete <rakesh_sh...@hotmail.com>
Subject Using multiple filters
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 19:28:35 GMT

Hi all,

I have a query related to using filters.

My search would something like this:

title:java* +pricerange:[00100 TO 01000] +daterange:[20000101 TO 20071231]

which retrieves all books with title "java" that have a price between 100 & 1000 and a
fall between Jan 01,2000 & Dec 31,2007 daterange.

Can I use multiple filters in such a case (RangeFilter for pricerange & QueryWrapperFilter
for daterange)?

How do I specify multiple filters to the IndexSearcher (the API does not support it as of
now)?

Note: I am even open to using RangeQuery as long as it does not hamper performance of search.
My reading of the mailing list suggests me that using filters would be better (RangeFilter)
than query (RangeQuery): http://www.mail-archive.com/lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg10687.html

--Regards,
Rakesh S