lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Suggested number of fields limit per Index
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 20:25:56 GMT

: Ummm, Chris, I don't know why you posted this here.  We're all on
: track as far as I can tell. Or is this a trap to say that I have
: changed the subject and am now talking about thread hijacking? But, I
: suppose that would have been you.  ;-)

This is my standard reply to anyone (i notice) who thread hijacks on one
of the Lucene lists.

In this case the message with the subject "Suggested number of fields
limit per Index" which should have been a new thread was in fact a reply
to messageId 14600221.post@talk.nabble.com (subject: "Is there a
mavenized Lucene bundle in the apache maven repo and what's the url?")

http://www.nabble.com/Is-there-a-mavenized-Lucene-bundle-in-the-apache-maven-repo-and-what%27s-the-url--to14600221.html#a14601340

: > http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#threadhijack
: >
: > Thread Hijacking on Mailing Lists
: >
: > When starting a new discussion on a mailing list, please do not reply to
: > an existing message, instead start a fresh email.  Even if you change the
: > subject line of your email, other mail headers still track which thread
: > you replied to and your question is "hidden" in that thread and gets less
: > attention.   It makes following discussions in the mailing list archives
: > particularly difficult.
: > See Also:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_hijacking

-Hoss