lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Doron Cohen" <cdor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sorting on tokenized fields
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 21:37:00 GMT
Hi Michael, I think you mean the exception thrown when you
search and sort with a field that was not yet indexed:

    RuntimeException: field "BBC" does not appear to be indexed

I think the current behavior is correct, otherwise an application
might (by a bug) attempt to sort by a wrong field, that not only
does not exist yet but will never exist. To prevent hidden bugs
cases like this it is important to throw an exception in this case.
Do you agree?