lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: lucene farsi problem
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:59:11 GMT
What Analyzer are you using?  You might try looking in Luke to see
what is in your index, etc.  It also isn't clear to me what your
documents look like.

As for a Farsi analyzer, I would Google "Farsi analyzer Lucene" and
see if you can find anything.  Otherwise, you will have to write your
own (and donate it????)

-Grant

On Apr 30, 2008, at 3:21 AM, esra wrote:

> hi,
>
> i am using lucene's "IndexSearcher" to search the given xml by
> keyword which
> contains farsi information.
> while searching i use ranges like
>
> آ-ث  |  ج-خ  |  د-ژ  |  س-ظ  |  ع-ق  |  ک-ل  |  م-ی
>
> when i do search for  "د-ژ"  range the results are wrong , they are
> the
> results of  " س-ظ "range.
>
> for example when i do search for "د-ژ"  one of the the results is
> "ساب ووفر"
> , this result also shown on the " س-ظ " range's result list which
> is the
> corret range.
>
> As IndexSearcher use "compareTo" method and this method uses
> unicodes for
> comparing, i found the unicodes of the characters.
>
> د=U+62F
> ژ = U+698
> and the first letter of "ساب ووفر " is  س = U+633
>
> Do you have any idea how to solve this problem, there are analyzers
> for
> different languages ,
> will this be usefull if so do you know where to find a farsi analyzer?
>
> I would bu glad if you help.
>
> thanks ,
>
> Esra

Grant Ingersoll