lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: lucene farsi problem
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:42:33 GMT
I am not sure how Standard Analyzer will perform on Farsi.  The thing
to do now would be to get Luke and have a look at the actual document
that matches and see what it's tokens look like.  You might also try
using the explain() method to see why that document matches.

Also, are you sure you are loading the file w/ the proper encodings,
etc?

-Grant

On Apr 30, 2008, at 8:06 AM, esra wrote:

> Hi,
> thanks for your reply.
> I am using StandartAnalyzer now and my xml document is like below:
>
> <keyword><![CDATA[ساب ووفر]]></keyword>
>      <description><![CDATA[یک ووفر که در محفظه ای
> جدا از سایر درایور ها
> قرار دارد تا صدایی با باس فوق العاده
> پایین تولید کند. ]]></description>
>
> i googled for farsi analyzer and found nothing also i am not sure it
> if
> would solve my problem or not.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Esra
>

> Grant Ingersoll-6 wrote:
>>
>> What Analyzer are you using?  You might try looking in Luke to see
>> what is in your index, etc.  It also isn't clear to me what your
>> documents look like.
>>
>> As for a Farsi analyzer, I would Google "Farsi analyzer Lucene" and
>> see if you can find anything.  Otherwise, you will have to write your
>> own (and donate it????)
>>
>> -Grant
>>
>> On Apr 30, 2008, at 3:21 AM, esra wrote:
>>

>>> hi,
>>>
>>> i am using lucene's "IndexSearcher" to search the given xml by
>>> keyword which
>>> contains farsi information.
>>> while searching i use ranges like
>>>
>>> آ-ث  |  ج-خ  |  د-ژ  |  س-ظ  |  ع-ق  |  ک-ل  |  م-ی
>>>
>>> when i do search for  "د-ژ"  range the results are wrong , they
>>> are
>>> the
>>> results of  " س-ظ "range.
>>>
>>> for example when i do search for "د-ژ"  one of the the results is
>>> "ساب ووفر"
>>> , this result also shown on the " س-ظ " range's result list which
>>> is the
>>> corret range.
>>>
>>> As IndexSearcher use "compareTo" method and this method uses
>>> unicodes for
>>> comparing, i found the unicodes of the characters.
>>>
>>> د=U+62F
>>> ژ = U+698
>>> and the first letter of "ساب ووفر " is  س = U+633
>>>
>>> Do you have any idea how to solve this problem, there are analyzers
>>> for
>>> different languages ,
>>> will this be usefull if so do you know where to find a farsi
>>> analyzer?
>>>
>>> I would bu glad if you help.
>>>
>>> thanks ,
>>>
>>> Esra