lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Samuel Guo" <guosi...@gmail.com>
Subject Does lucene support distributed indexing?
Date Sat, 26 Apr 2008 06:33:15 GMT
Hi all,

I am a lucene newbie:)

It seems that lucene doesn't support distributed indexing:(
As some IR research papers mentioned, when the documents collection become
large, the index will be large also. When one single machine can't hold all
the index, some strategies are used to solve it. such as that we can part
the whole collection into several small sub-collections. According to
different partitions, we can got different strategies : document-partittion
and term-partition. but I don't know why not lucene support these ways:(
can't anyone explain it ? or maybe lucene use other ways to solve this
problem?

Hope for your replies :)
Best Wishes

Samuel Guo