lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Exact string
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:03:09 GMT

On Apr 30, 2008, at 6:02 AM, WATHELET Thomas wrote:

> Hello,
> How can I procced to to find an exact string match in lucene with
> somes articles in my search query.
> For exemple: if I search for "a ball" I just want results with a
> ball and not "the ball" incled in the result?
> Is it possible to have a blank stop word list?

Yes.  Basically, you should index/query w/o stopwords and then you can
issue a phrase query for "a ball" without any slop.  You could also
try ngraming the words, such that you produce tokens like "a_ball",
"the_ball" etc.  Just make sure your index time analysis matches up w/
your query time analysis.  There are ngram Analyzers in the Lucene
contrib/analyzer package.

> I have to set something special to my search query?
> I need help...
> Thanks in advence.
>
> <ittrad.bmp>
>
> Thomas WATHELET