lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Legolas wood <legola...@gmail.com>
Subject Does Lucene save an offline version of web pages?
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2008 18:26:51 GMT
Hi
Thank you for reading my post.
I have to design a system with the following requirements, I think
Lucene or one of the projects which are based on Lucene can help me as a
base to continue on.
Here is the requirements:

- Fetch and index some pages (containing word and pdf documents) on
daily basis.
- Extract all pages that contain some provided keywords after fetching
the pages.
- Create some bulletin from fetched pages, bulletin will be in pdf
format and are categorized based on keywords.
- provide offline search capability (on pages that it indexed and also
it should allows the users to browse the pages  offline)

Can you let me know whether any of Lucene based projects can help me
with this requirements?
Specially with offline browsing feature?

Thanks.