lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jordon Saardchit" <jsaardc...@go2.com>
Subject QueryWrapperFilter performance
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 21:24:54 GMT
Hello All,

Sort of new to lucene but have a general question in regards to
performance.  I've got a single index of rather large size (about 7
million docs).  I've ran a couple different queries against it, which
are described below.

 * WildcardQuery: (*term*) Which returns roughly 12000 hits in around
7000ms
 * RangeQuery: (term TO term) Which returns roughly 6000 hits in around
200ms

Now for performance reasons, I am attempting to run the WildcardQuery
against only the RangeQuery hits (6000 as opposed to 7 million), via
using a QueryWrapperFilter (constructed with my RangeQuery).  However,
the avg response times are still around 7000ms, the same as the wildcard
search over the entire index.  Is it possible the performance of the
WildcardQuery is not effected by the filter? Or I have gone about
implementing my intentions incorrectly?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Jordon