lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NAS vs SAN vs Server Disk RAID
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 09:54:05 GMT
We've run lucene on NAS, although not with indexes anything like as
large as 1Tb, and gave up because NFS and lucene don't really work
very well together. Google for "lucene nfs" for some details, and some
workarounds.

I'd second Kay Kay's suggestion to look at a distributed solution such as Katta.

--
Ian.