lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: setting MaxFieldLength in indexwriter
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 13:53:32 GMT
Hi Peyman,

The API docs give a hint <http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_4_0/api/core/org/apache/lucene/index/IndexWriter.html>:

=====
Nested Class Summary
static class IndexWriter.MaxFieldLength
	Deprecated. use LimitTokenCountAnalyzer instead.
=====

<http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_4_0/api/core/org/apache/lucene/analysis/LimitTokenCountAnalyzer.html>

Also, if you're composing your own Analysis pipeline, you'll likely be interested in the Filter
variant of the above-linked Analyzer wrapper:

<http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_4_0/api/core/org/apache/lucene/analysis/LimitTokenCountFilter.html>

Steve