lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ralf Heyde" <ralf.he...@gmx.de>
Subject RE: 10 million entities and 100 million related information
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 14:42:11 GMT
Hi,

Maybe have a look at Solr ...
if you need additional capacities, Solr offers you a distribution of the
index over more than one machine / harddisk.

Ralf

-----Original Message-----
From: Cheng [mailto:zhoucheng2008@gmail.com]
Sent: Freitag, 13. Januar 2012 01:48
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: 10 million entities and 100 million related information

I have 10MM entities, for each of which I will index 10-20 fields. Also, I
will have to index 100MM related information of the entities, and each piece
of the information will have to go through some Analyzer.

I have a few questions:

1) Can I use just one index folder for all the data?

2) If I have to segment the data, what is the size of each segment such that
a real-time search is still achievable?

Thanks