lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From David Olson <da...@proxemx.com>
Subject Query building performance
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 15:59:58 GMT
I have a situation where there are users that create n keywords. I'm storing
them as individual DB fields for aggregating scores and then building the
query from the fields. Is it faster for Lucene to parse a query of terms
that are OR'd together or to build it up as a loop of BooleanQuery marked as
SHOULD.

To complicate things, (like my previous post on explain), some keywords are
phrases. Parsing does conveniently convert multi-word keywords to phrases,
which I assume I'd have to do if I'm building up a BooleanQuery list.

Thanks!

-David-