lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SIGSEGV when indexing documents.
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 08:56:10 GMT
The dump you're getting indicates a sigserv in a garbage collection.
This isn't unlikely (there are bugs in there as well), but less likely
than a hardware error on your side... at least in my opinion. I would
experiment with the following:

1) do you really need a 4gb max stack? Seems weird to me.
2) collect the dump from jrockit; is it something related to memory
collection? If so this would suggest memory issues again
3) try ibm j9 and see if you can reproduce the problem. If so, again
-- I'd double check the hardware.
4) collect more dumps from hotspot (same version) and compare them
against each other; is the problem recurring in the same place
(gc-related)? If so, then run with the -fastdebug VM (unfortunately
you'll probably need to build this one yourself these days) and make
the core dump available to gc mailing list folks, they'll be able to
investigate.

Dawid