lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Francisco A. Lozano" <floz...@gmail.com>
Subject Distributed index: Infinispan Directory or GlusterFS?
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 18:21:36 GMT
Hi,

I am going to face very soon the need of having a big number of small
indexes directly accessible for R/W from N machines.

I am evaluating Infinispan Lucene Directory implementation. So far I
haven't found any problem and performance looks good, but looks scary
because I don't see too many references to people using it (either
successfully or with problems). Could anyone make a comment about its
quality? problems likely to face? best cache stores to use it with,
and eviction policies?

As an alternate implementation, i'm evaluating using plain FSDirectory
with GlusterFS. Performance-wise it looks enough. Any comments on this
option?

In the past I tried to do my custom rsync-based + Hazelcast locking
implementation, but the performance was quite bad and the complexity
of the code to maintain was big.

Francisco A. Lozano