lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rafał Kuć <r....@solr.pl>
Subject Re: IndexReader.open and CorruptIndexException
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:18:30 GMT
Hello!

You need to allow the user that is running Lucene to open more files.
There are plenty of tutorials available on the web. Modify your
/etc/security/limits.conf and if for example your user is lucene add
the following (or modify if those already exists):

lucene soft nofile 64000
lucene hard nofile 64000

Relog and run:

sudo -u lucene -s "ulimit -Sn"

To see if the limits are the ones you set. If they are not, check if
you don't have pam_limits.so commented in the /etc/pam.d/

--
Regards,
 Rafał Kuć