lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From George Kelvin <george.kelvin...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions about FuzzyQuery in Lucene 4.x
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 22:31:49 GMT
Hi All,

I’m working on several projects requiring powerful search features. I’ve
been waiting for Lucene 4 since I read Michael McCandless's blog post about
Lucene’s new FuzzyQuery and finally I got the chance to test it. The
improvement on the fuzzy search is really impressive!

However, I’ve encountered a problem today:

In my data, there are some records with keywords “star” and “wars”. But
when I issued a fuzzy query with two keywords “ster” and “wats”, the engine
failed to find the records.

I’m wondering if you can provide any inputs on that. Maybe I’m not doing
fuzzy search in the right way. But all my other fuzzy queries with single
keyword and with longer double keywords worked perfectly.

Another issue is that I’m also exploring the possibility to do
wildcard+fuzzy search using Lucene. I couldn’t find any related document
for this on Lucene's website, but I found a stackoverfow thread talking
about this.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2631206/lucene-query-bla-match-words-that-start-with-something-fuzzy-how

I tried the way suggested by the second answer their, and it worked.
However the scoring is strange: all results were assigned with the exactly
same score. Is there anything I can do to get the scoring right?

Can you tell me what’s the best way to do wildcard fuzzy search?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,

George