lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Field.Store.YES vs Field.Store.NO
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 13:28:36 GMT
This page might add a little insight:
http://lucene.apache.org/core/old_versioned_docs/versions/3_5_0/fileformats.html#file-names.
It's for 3.5, but the take-away is that *.fdt and *.fdx files are where a
raw copy of the data goes when you specify Store.YES. They are completely
independent of all the files that take position info, TF/IDF info, all the
stuff that goes into searching. Their presence/absence has no bearing on
being able to search, but that's where all the raw data is stored if you
want to retrieve the original input.

FWIW,
Erick