lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Denis Bazhenov <dot...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is LogByteSizeMergePolicy deterministic?
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 02:25:43 GMT
Can you explain in more details why is that? We have in-house replication for Lucene/3.6 index
and use default IndexWriter settings. All works fine except sometimes (just after optimization,
in fact) index could not be opened (segment file is missing on FS). We tolerate this issue
by replicating index one more time in case of failure. I guess it's somehow related to the
discussed issue.

On Jan 19, 2013, at 5:16 AM, Michael McCandless <lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:

> You must also use only a single indexing thread.
>
> And you must use SerialMergeScheduler.
>
> If you do that, I think it will be deterministic.
>
> But don't rely on this ... this is runtime behavior and can suddenly
> change between releases ...
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com
>
> On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis
> <xekoukou@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I want to replicate an index from multiple replicas at the same time.
>>
>> Those replicas have been given the same documents and at the same order.
>>
>> Will the files be the same across all replicas?
>>

>> --
>>

>> Sincerely yours,
>>
>>     Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis

---