lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Alan Woodward <a...@flax.co.uk>
Subject Re: Reading Payloads
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2013 14:17:04 GMT
Hi Carsten,

It doesn't sound as though an inverted index is really what you want to be querying here,
if I'm reading you right.  You want to get the payloads for spans at a specific position,
but you don't particularly care about the actual term at that position?  You might find that
BinaryDocValues are a better fit here, but it's difficult to tell without knowing what your
actual use case is.

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk

On 23 Apr 2013, at 15:06, Carsten Schnober wrote:

> Am 23.04.2013 15:27, schrieb Alan Woodward:
>> There's the SpanPositionCheckQuery family - SpanRangeQuery, SpanFirstQuery, etc.
 Is that the sort of thing you're looking for?