lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From wgggfiy <wuqiu.m...@qq.com>
Subject why did I build index slower and slower ?
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 03:05:00 GMT
My situation is that There are 10,000,000 documents, and I Build index every
5,000 documents. while *in every build*, I follow these steps:
IndexWriterConfig iwc = new IndexWriterConfig(Version.LUCENE_40, analyzer);

iwc.setOpenMode(IndexWriterConfig.OpenMode.CREATE_OR_APPEND);
iwc.setRAMBufferSizeMB(ram);                int maxDocs =
itmParamParser.maxBufferedDocs;
iwc.setMaxBufferedDocs(100000);                logger.info("build |
RAMBufferSizeMB="+ram+" MB, MaxBufferedDocs="+maxDocs);
writer = new IndexWriter(directory, iwc);and I found it build slower and
slower, so that I couldn't stand the speed !Any suggestion, thank guys.

-----