lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lynn Settle <lynntset...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: intermittent NPE with search
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 16:22:09 GMT
jrockit-jre1.6.0_03-Xms3000M-Xmx3000M-Djava.awt.fonts=$fontsdir
range query: timefield:[1366740416 TO 1366826816}
We index and search the date-time field as long values. We do plan on someday updating to
a recent Sun JRE, but we have to get around to solving some server-agent NIO API conflicts
first. In the meantime we are using jrockit.
The particular stack trace I first listed showed BooleanQuery which we also search on. I should
have shown this stack trace which is what we usually get with the initial failure:
(Wed Apr 24 17:29:54 PST 2013) EE:ERR [LuciusDataChangeListener v0] {null-29:198} EXCEPTION:
java.lang.NullPointerException	at org.apache.lucene.search.NumericRangeQuery$NumericRangeTermsEnum.accept(NumericRangeQuery.java:526)
at org.apache.lucene.index.FilteredTermsEnum.next(FilteredTermsEnum.java:241)	at org.apache.lucene.search.TermCollectingRewrite.collectTerms(TermCollectingRewrite.java:78)
at org.apache.lucene.search.ConstantScoreAutoRewrite.rewrite(ConstantScoreAutoRewrite.java:95)
at org.apache.lucene.search.MultiTermQuery$ConstantScoreAutoRewrite.rewrite(MultiTermQuery.java:220)
at org.apache.lucene.search.MultiTermQuery.rewrite(MultiTermQuery.java:286)	at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.rewrite(IndexSearcher.java:616)
at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.createNormalizedWeight(IndexSearcher.java:663)	at
org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:309)...
I appreciate any suggestions - even if just pointing me in some direction to dig further.
Let me know if I can provide any more information.
thanks!-Lynn
> From: uwe@thetaphi.de
> To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: RE: intermittent NPE with search
> Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 17:43:50 +0200
>
> Hi,
>
> This looks crazy! What Java version from which JVM vendor are you using? What are your
JVM settings and how does the range query look like?