lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Elisabeth Adler <elisabeth.ad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Difference between Group and Facet
Date Mon, 27 May 2013 14:13:16 GMT
Hi,
I'm not sure what you mean with how to index a group. You basically index
all documents, and then group them for the results.
To stay on the books example: you index books including information about
the author. So each document in the index is a book. But in your result
list, you want to display authors. So you group by author.

For the details about how to group, the package documentation (
http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_0_0-ALPHA/grouping/index.html) should cover
what you need.
Best,
Elisabeth