lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Collect facet only on specific values
Date Thu, 09 May 2013 10:28:15 GMT
On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 5:53 AM, Nicola Buso <nbuso@ebi.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to hide some values for a facet; than I'm looking into a way to
> collect facet values only for a subset of possible values.
> Is there a way to obtain this?
> If not, extending TopK...Handler (or wrapping it) would be the right way
> to obtain this behaviour?

Hmm so you want the TopK (by facet count), except you want to remove
certain values from consideration?

If it's not too many values, eg at most N, then you could collect top
K+N, and then post-filter?

Alternatively, if N is largish, it may be possible to zero out the
counts for the facet values you want to exclude, before TopK runs ...

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com