lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: CorruptIndexException when opening Index during first commit
Date Thu, 16 May 2013 17:47:07 GMT
Unfortunately this is expected behavior.

We tried to fix it in LUCENE-2812, but this fix was too dangerous and
could sometimes erase a good index (if transient IOExcs are happening,
e.g. due to file descriptor exhaustion) so we reverted back in
LUCENE-4738, so that indexExists will return true, and trying to open
an IndexReader will throw CorruptIndexException, when the first-commit
has started but not yet finished.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com