lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Adrien Grand <jpou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lucene and mongodb
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 09:08:39 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Rider Carrion Cleger
<rider.carrion@gmail.com> wrote:
> - Can I store the lucene index in a mongodb database ?

I don't know whether it's possible, but even if it was, I would not
recommend it. Lucene works best on local filesystems, and even better
if the disk is an SSD. If your intention was to rely on MongoDB to
scale the index, it is better to handle distribution on top of Lucene,
similarly to Solr and Elasticsearch, rather than writing distributed
implementations of org.apache.lucene.store.Directory.

--
Adrien