lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ramprakash Ramamoorthy <youngestachie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Find index version with an index reader
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 09:25:52 GMT
On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Ian Lea <ian.lea@gmail.com> wrote:

> Take a look at org.apache.lucene.index.CheckIndex.  That displays the
> versions of the segment files.  Note the plurals - that's a
> complication you may need to deal with.
>
> Or read|store whatever you want with
> IndexWriter.get|setCommitData(...).  You can get the currently running
> version via LucenePackage.get().
>
> Or upgrade everything to the latest release, or at least a consistent
> release.

Thank you Ian. We actually have been using the 2.3 indices. Now we have
moved to 4.1, so the migration process is 2.3 -> 3.6 -> 4. Then the indices
become readable using 4.1. So that is when I was looking for a provision to
check the current version. This would also be handy when the IndexUpgrader
fails by any chance. Thanks again, will try the above said and update in
this space.