lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From KnightRider <ksu.wildc...@gmail.com>
Subject SurroundQueryParser - Please help with Syntax?
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 17:06:11 GMT
I am planning to use surround parser for the nested proximity search support
it provides.

Can someone please help me understand the syntax when there are more than
two terms in query?

Here is what I see in their doc.
99n(aa,bb,cc) – unordered span query with slop 98

Does the above surround query translate to
1) [aa within99 bb within99 cc]
   or
2) [ (aa within99 bb) AND (aa within99 bb) AND (bb within99 cc)] ?

My understanding is it is #2 but please correct me?

Also would i get same results if I build a SpanNearQuery with terms as 'aa',
'bb', 'cc' and slop as 98 and unordered?

Thanks
-KR

-----
Thanks