lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: In memory index (current status in Lucene)
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 21:41:03 GMT
My current open source project is a Directory that is just like
RAMDirectory, but everything is memory-mapped. The idea is it creates a
disk file, opens it, and immediately deletes the file. The file still
exists until the IndexReader/Writer/Searcher closes it. But, it cannot
be found from the file system. This is just like a RAMDirectory, but
without memory limitations.

It's proving to be harder than it looked.

The application is to store encrypted indexes in memory, with the
decrypted contents in this non-findable format. I'm in medical document
analysis now, and we can't store anything on disk in the clear.

Lance