lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From <raghavendra.k....@barclays.com>
Subject Searching two words
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2013 03:08:29 GMT
Hi,

When I search two words separated by a space, the search returns results consisting of the
two word pattern and also searches the individual words separately.

I don't have the code in front of me at the moment to give you my code snippet, but I can
tell the following.

I use the standard analyzer.
Query parser.
I don't use Multi field parser.
I concatenate all my fields as contents and search the provided string.

There is no issue with single words. I want to avoid it from searching the individual words
separately. Do you have any suggestions please?

Raghu

This message is for information purposes only, it is not a recommendation, advice, offer or
solicitation to buy or sell a product or service nor an official confirmation of any transaction.
It is directed at persons who are professionals and is not intended for retail customer use.
Intended for recipient only. This message is subject to the terms at: www.barclays.com/emaildisclaimer.

For important disclosures, please see: www.barclays.com/salesandtradingdisclaimer regarding
market commentary from Barclays Sales and/or Trading, who are active market participants;
and in respect of Barclays Research, including disclosures relating to specific issuers, please
see http://publicresearch.barclays.com.