lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulating facets over a MultiReader
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 16:02:28 GMT
Hi

There are a couple of ways you can address that:

Not create an index per-thread, but rather update the global index by all
threads. IndexWriter and TaxoWriter support multiple threads.

-- Or, if you need to build an index per-thread --

Use a single TaxonomyWriter instance and share between all the threads.
TaxoWriter is thread-safe, and that way you can build a single taxonomy
index and later use IW.addIndexes.

-- Or, if you cannot share TW instance between threads --

Have each thread create its own taxonomy index, but then when you call
addIndexes, you need to do two things:
- Create a new TW instance and call addTaxonomy on it.
- Call IW.addIndexes() with an OrdinalMappingAtomicReader. Look at its
jdocs for an example code.

Let me know if that works for you.

Shai