lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ankit Murarka <ankit.mura...@rancoretech.com>
Subject Basic understanding and difference between getSuggestion and loopup method of InfixSuggester.
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 07:34:27 GMT
Hello All,

I would like to know the basic difference between providing a phrase
suggestion based on

String[]
suggestionMatcher=getSuggestion(suggestedPhrase,phraseRecommender);

and providing phrase suggestion based on :

List<LookupResult> list=ainfixSuggester.lookup(suggestedPhrase,false, 100);

For the latter, what I understood is that the AnalyzingInfixSuggester
will provide me suggestions even if the entered phrase is found anywhere
in the line (whether its a prefix/suffix/a part of token etc..and hence
the name infix)

For the former, I am a bit confused..I am looking for a more concrete
description of the both.

Can anyone please explain me both the parts as well as basic difference
between the both..

--
Regards

Ankit Murarka

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared with what lies within
us"