lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Scott Smith <ssm...@mainstreamdata.com>
Subject Lucene Query Syntax with analyzed and unanalyzed text
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2013 16:36:26 GMT
I want to be sure I understand this correctly.  Suppose I have a search that I'm going to run
through the query parser that looks like:

body:"some phrase" AND keyword:"my-keyword"

clearly "body" and "keyword" are field names.  However, the additional information is that
the "body" field is analyzed and the "keyword" field is not.

I don't believe this will work.  I'm assuming that the query parser can't correctly determine
which fields are analyzed and which are not.

Is there an easy way to handle this?